A Perfect Ten with Dr Lisa Cooper July 22, 2013 13:28
Dr Lisa Cooper is a Sydney-based Artist and Florist. She holds a Doctorate of Philosophy in Fine Art from the College of Fine Arts, University of New South Wales. DOCTOR COOPER STUDIO is her commercial flower business spanning major floral installations to hand delivered flower gestures. Cooper’s work has been featured in many Australian and International books, magazines and journals, while her distinctive floral works have been commissioned by some of the most celebrated in the business and arts world including Club 21, Westfield, Toni Maticevksi, Tiffany & Co. Deutsche Bank, The Australian Ballet, Romance Was Born and the Sydney Theatre Company.
Photography by Eliza Gorka
1. We bought this lamp at Kiribilli Markets and then got the lovely electrician to rewire it. We all agree it's from an old bank.
2. Astier de Villatte Vase with amazing end of season roses (they only turn this shade at the end of the season).
3. Constance Spry, florist to the Queen of England (at the time of her coronation) and my flower counsel via her books.
4. My Eliza buys me love rings when we travel. These are from Berlin and London.
5. These Hermes tarot cards were a beautiful gift from my dear friend Ben.
6. A game changing bag from Eliza for my birthday from one of my favourite stores, Manufactum (in Germany).
7. Pyrite is said to increase physical stamina, stimulates the intellect and helps transform thought into intelligent action. Who doesn't want a bit of that.
8. My favourite Saint.
9. This tea cosy is from Labour and Wait, London. I can’t get enough of it.
10. These are my work boots. Enough said.